I must tell you that I have a record with contemporary art. I was a gallerist when I was 22 years old, I also worked for other galleries and for museums, it’s been in my life for the past 10 years, but it’s a love and hate relationship. I advise all my intelligent artists friends to become something else than just artists. To be able to create something from scratch is one of the most amazing thing to be doing. But it really is never like that. The art market right now is a bit depressing and self-centered. I must also tell you that although I went to the Fiac, Paris’s contemporary art fair, yesterday in order to post something about it for you, I really dislike fairs and their crowd of wannabe subversive VIPs. However as I love you all dearly, lovely readers, I still took some little pics of my favourite pieces.
- “Fashion Inside and Out, an exhibition by Judith Clark”, by Géraldine Sommier
- It’s a Small World by Mary Blair
- Marcus Engman, Head of Design at Ikea
- Anne Holtrop: on Possible Architecture, or discovering the architectural possibilities of some pre-existing drawings
- Best of Maison & Objet 2017: Second Episode